Hyundai STARIA as a new platform for vehicle conversion for the disabled as a driver and ride-on solution with optimum headroom for wheelchair users - flexibly adaptable to a wide range of needs.
With the Hyundai STARIA, PARAVAN GmbH offers a new platform for vehicle conversion for the disabled as a driver, passenger or ride-on solution. The modern Multivan is flexibly adaptable and can also be equipped with a PARAVAN cassette lift, the Space Drive driving and steering system and a four-way joystick. Secondary functions such as turn signals, horn, lights or even the electric sun visor, can be operated via PARAVAN Touch or by voice control. "The new PARAVAN Hyundai STARIA combines the advantages of a wheelchair accessible vehicle with a modern vehicle design," says Joachim Glück, mobility consultant at PARAVAN GmbH. "With these features, the vehicle meets all the requirements of a modern wheelchair-accessible vehicle and does so in an interesting price segment."
To ensure the necessary headroom of 1.40 m, the vehicle floor was lowered from the A to the C-pillar. The result is a spacious and barrier-free vehicle interior in which, in addition to the wheelchair, there is also room for a third row of seats for three people. Optionally and depending on the physical limitations, further individual adaptations are possible: Whether the Space Drive driving and steering system with the corresponding input devices is to be used, a light steering system, a gas ring or various mechanical hand devices for operating the gas and brake. Everything is possible!
In addition, the vehicle can be individually equipped with PARAVAN Touch, PARAVAN voice control or the universal MultiMote multifunctional rotary knob on the steering wheel, as required. "We are always on the lookout for practical vehicle alternatives," says Joachim Glück. "But the choice is getting smaller, as many models are now only available as electric versions. These are with regard to the battery in the vehicle floor and the permissible total weight, currently poorly adaptable." Following the discontinuation of production of the VW T6.1 and the combustion engine model of the Peugeot Traveller, the mobility experts have long been on the lookout for an affordable alternative for the ever-popular vans and have found what they were looking for with the new Hyundai STARIA.
The Hyundai STARIA at a glance:
- Easy access thanks to powerful PARAVAN cassette lift (load capacity up to 330 kg)
- Quick and easy opening of the sliding door and extension of the lift by remote control or PARAVAN app (optional)
- Barrier-free floor in the vehicle interior from the A-pillar to the C-pillar
- Wheelchair user as driver as well as transport of one wheelchair user possible by attachments on the passenger position as well as in the 2nd seat row
- Easy, fast and safe assembly and disassembly of driver and passenger seat thanks to the proven PARAVAN seat system
- Full-size trunk and retention of the original bench seat for 3 people in the rear
- Space Drive® II digital driving and steering system (optional)
- PARAVAN transfer seat base (optional)
- PARAVAN docking station on driver and passenger side (optional)
- PARAVAN Touch System, Voice Control (optional)